ANSI Risk Group 3. Warning.
Visible and infrared radiation emitted from this searchlight.
Permanent eye damage can result. Avoid direct exposure to the beam.
- Do not look directly into the searchlight beam. Exposure of the eye to either the direct searchlight beam or a beam reflected from a flat mirror-like surface can cause permanent eye injury to the unprotected eye. Follow the same precaution even when an Infrared Filter is installed on the searchlight.
- Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance (NOHD), Visible Light: 10 meters
- NOHD, Infrared Light: 30 meters for exposures greater than 10 seconds
- Do not operate searchlight if the front lens is damaged or removed. Ultraviolet injury to skin and cornea can occur if the searchlight is operated with a damaged front lens or if the lens is removed.
- Do not allow the concentrated beam of light to be focused on flammable materials at close distances for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not operate light in an explosive environment.
- Do not touch lamp connections during operation as high voltage is present.
- Do not touch the quartz envelope of the lamp. If the lamp is accidentally touched, clean with alcohol or the solution supplied in the replacement lamp kit.
- Always wear protective eyewear, long sleeves, and gloves if removing the front lens cover. The lamp is under positive pressure and should be handled with care.
- Always disconnect searchlight from power cord when not in use, when placed in storage or when being transported to prevent accidental activation.