Fuel Gauge Operation:
MBP-1308-FG Batteries incorporate a five level LED fuel gauge which indicates the battery’s State of Charge (SoC) and State of Health (SoH).
- To view the battery’s SoC, press and release the white button at the top of the fuel gauge display. SoC will be displayed, steady, for 4 seconds.
- To view the battery’s SoC during charging, fuel gauge will flash the current SoC while battery is charging. Display will turn off when charge is complete.
- To view the battery’s SoH, press and hold the white button until SoC display turns off. Release button. After 2 seconds SoH will be displayed, flashing, for 4 seconds.
Battery Safety Warnings:
- Do not expose to fire or open flame.
- Do not puncture, deform, incinerate or heat above 85°C (185°F).
- Do not open or disassemble. Batteries are sealed in a waterproof case with no user-serviceable components. Do not attempt to use a battery that has a damaged case; please contact the factory about our re-casing service.
- Do not dispose in fire. Disposal must be conducted in accordance with applicable local, state, or national regulations. Batteries contain recyclable materials; recycling is encouraged over disposal.
- A Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for this battery is available upon request.
Battery Storage and Transport:
Always disconnect battery from the searchlight before storing or transporting. If storing battery for long periods of time, store battery at 75% charge level and recharge once every six months. Do not store batteries above 60°C (140°F) or below -20°C (-4°F). Store in a cool, dry location not subject to frequent temperature fluctuations. Elevated temperatures can result in reduced battery service life.
All Lithium Ion batteries are classified as Class 9 Dangerous Goods for air, sea and surface transport and must be packaged and transported according to applicable regulations. However, small, “excepted” batteries such as the MBP-1308 LiFePO4 Battery are not subject to certain provisions of the regulations (e.g. Class 9 labeling and UN specification packaging).
- Batteries shipped within the United States via ground transport methods must be packed, marked and labeled in accordance with the exceptions for small lithium batteries per 49 CFR 173.185(c).
- Batteries shipped via air transport methods without searchlights are classified as UN3480 Lithium ion batteries and must be packed, marked and labeled in accordance with Sec II or Sec IB of IATA/ICAO PI 965 – Cargo Aircraft Only.
- Batteries shipped via air transport methods with searchlights are classified as UN3481 Lithium ion batteries packed with equipment and must be packed, marked and labeled in accordance with Sec II of IATA/ICAO PI 966.